I've always picture a scene like this in my mind. Chillin by the pool, laughing around good company, drinking coffee with the music turned up loud, and it really happened just like how I wanted it to happen. Rules of attraction. When you want something real bad, always picture yourself in that scene and it will happen - eventually.
Sunday, September 28, 2014
Monday, September 8, 2014
Here's a comparison between the two
First Place, Inc:
- Price for placement is about $3900 this does not include the airfare and accommodation though.
- You still need to pay P5550 for registration
- They require a bond of 1M worth of Land title if you wish to choose their internship program while it's P500,000 for work and travel participants
- There was one intern I know whom they did not give back their land title just because he didn't keep his pay slips even though he actually returned to the Philippines. (Yes, the parents tried to sue them for that.)
- The sad part is that I actually applied for this agency and already paid the P5550 and another $600 dollars for placement with a host company. I waited for 7 months for nothing! They just kept on telling me that they will endorse my application but they never did. They absolutely ignored me! What a rip off! I had to cancel my application with them and shift to Ireservices. Guess what, they only refunded me the $400. they kept the $200 dollars for themselves even though they did absolutely nothing but list my name in their database! This agency is the worst! My friends who joing their Work and Travel Program were not happy with their services at all.
- My other friend who was already in the US also had a problem with their employer and they contacted Firstplace asking for help but the agency just told them to contact the program sponsor instead because there was nothing that they can do. (How helpful, NOT!)
- Good thing my friend introduced me to this great agency who processed by application for only 4 months. I applied April 2014 and I arrived in the US at Aug 2014.
- Their application fee is only $3200
- They don't have a bond whatsoever!!
- They're all very warm and accommodating, they'll really do their best to place you in an awesome company as soon as possible because it's their goal to help you reach your dream.
- Their staff Ms. Andrea Wright is the one who interviewed me and she seems very friendly and smiling.
- Their team is equipped with wonderful employees with over 9 years of experience in the things that they do.
- I strongly recommend this agency for their awesome service and great team. Go!
Here's a travel post of our whereabouts in Manila, I'm traveling with one of my bestfriends - Rosevie Taruc, and with my 2 sisters. We went mall hopping, commute around Manila through bus and LRT for the very first time and it was a really nice experiencing something new to a place. Nothing beats truly exploring a place than doing what the locals do. The Philippines is a really interesting place to be. Almost everything is so cheap! Cheap! Cheap! People speak different languages in different provinces, and the culture has this mixture of Muslims, Christians, Ifugaos, and a whole lot of others that I'm still dying to explore. I love my country, the only things I hate are the government, pollution, poverty and the weather, it's so darn hot and sticky. But I love the rest!
We were supposed to go ice skating but they backed out because they're chicken! haha
The people are like packed sardines, it's kinda funny watching them but I really didn't want to be one of those human sardines which we eventually had to deal with. I was not happy with it. We even had to travel for about 2 hours trying to look for this small ice scream shop and to try their liquid nitrogen ice scream. It was such a hard place to find. We rode the LRT, the jeepney and the tricycle getting there. Crazy!
But we finally managed to find the Iscreamist. Finally! Look at their menu that is like the Periodic Table of elements (and no I didn't looked that up the internet)
Their ice scream per scoop is a whopping P150!!! I absolutely love thier Nutella flavor! It tastes like heaven and their dragon's breath is a best seller. Some other flavors that we tried were Krispy Kreme, Malted Salted Caramel, Oreo's and Cream and Blueberry Cheese Cake. The 3 flavors were great as well except the Blueberry Cheese cake. Tastes sour! egh!
with Rosevie Taruc.. hey there fellow smurf!
Look at their dramatic smoke effect from the liquid nitrogen! ooooh aaah!!!
The dragon's breath and the smores = yum!!! You should try it! Really good! ^^,
Blueberry cheesecake = not so good! sorreh not sorreh!
That little ice scream shop located in the suburbs of Quezon UP Diliman.. so far away from Makati! huhu
The view from my mom's condo!The only thing I hate is the flood down the streets when it rains real hard.
At the Intramuros church, I'm not sure the exact name but it looks like I've just time traveled back through time, back when there were spaniards, kalesas and paved streets.
Look at the European inspired houses, I love it!
I love all things quaint and has a touch of vintage.
The courtyard similar to that of Italian houses. Feels like going back to Europe!
On our way to Chinatown to buy Eng Bee tin Hopia, eat Chinese food and gettin a Thai massage for only P200. ( and no it was not a gogo kind of masseur) I felt my body stretch out and relaxed preparing and conditioning myself for my US visa interview the following day. Good luck to me. Pray for me! :) Till here lovies. Love and Light.