1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cups milk
3/4 cups melted butter
2 pieces whole eggs
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 deg C)
2) Grease a 9 inch (23cm) cake tin
3) Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, vanilla extract
in a bowl
4) Melt the butter at low heat and add to the dry ingredients. Also
add milk and eggs.
5) Mix everything together until smooth, either by hand or by
using an electric mixer at slow speed.
6) Transfer to bake tin and bake at 350 deg. F until a wooden pick
inserted in the center comes out clean, approx. 35 to 45 minutes.
7) After the cake has cooled, slice the cake through the middle to
make 2 layers (easier if the cake has been in the fridge)
Easy Chocolate Frosting:
160 grams softened butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 to 5 tablespoons lukewarm milk
- Cream the softened butter with powdered sugar in a bowl. Add cocoa, vanilla and 4 tablespoons lukewarm milk, and mix until smooth. Do not over-mix. If necessary, add some more milk.